Our Holiday Shutdown will be from December 23rd to January 1st. We will return to our desks on January 2nd. Our team will be enjoying the holidays and their families during this time. We look forward to a wonderful 2024 with our MDGA members. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
January 2023 DNA ANNOUNCEMENT:
MDGA Davis Testing Policy- Effective Date 3/1/2023
- Application and Payment must be received within 24 hours of each other.
- Once the Testing Kit has been emailed to the member the member will have 60 days to submit sample submissions to UC Davis/VGL.
- If a Sample Submission has not been received at UC Davis within 60 days from the receipt of the test kit, the test will be canceled by the Davis Testing Team and fees will be credited to your account, less processing fees.
- If a test kit is canceled before the MDGA Davis team has sent the test kit (Sample submission forms) there is no penalty and a full refund will be given.
- If a test kit is canceled after you have received your kit (sample submission forms) from MDGA Davis Testing there will be a processing fee applied. See the chart below.
Cancellation of a test once the sample submissions have been sent to Davis/VGL is not an option.
- Any kits outstanding must be submitted to VGL no later than 2/28/2023.
- Kits not received by that date will be credited to your account in full. No refunds will be available for these outstanding tests.
MDGA Board Approved - Jan 2023
12/14/2022 MDGA ANNOUNCEMENT
MDGA is very pleased to bring you an exciting update! Your Milk Committee has been working hard behind the scenes to make the DHIR program the best that it can be as it is growing by leaps and bounds each year. It is encouraging and exciting to see more members utilizing this program as we're breeding DAIRY animals! The committee recognizes the importance in selecting quality foundational animals (standard breeds and Nigerian Dwarfs) that have been proven and tested in milk over several generations and the effect it has in creating our mini breeds.
Moving forward, MDGA is pleased to announce that the inheritance of foundational animal milk stars will now be accepted. If you bring in a doe and/or buck from the foundational breeds with an unbroken line of stars, their mini progeny will now inherit those stars that these animals bring with them. Current MDGA star and star inheritance rules will apply.
Additionally, this is retroactive, if you would like your stars adjusted, please contact the Milk Committee with the proper paperwork showing the stars of your foundation animals. We hope this encourages our members to seek amazing DAIRY animals in creating our mini breeds as well as encouraging more members to start milk testing!
The Fall 2022 MDGA V-Show Newsletter has been published.
MDGA will observe a Holiday Shutdown from December 17th through January 1, 2023.
2021 MDGA Top 10 Awards have been posted! See MDGA Top 10 for more info
The MDGA Fall V-show entries have opened! See vshow.miniaturedairygoats.net for more information
MDGA Grade herdbook announcement has been made! Click here for more info.